TVLine Items: Good Wife Welcomes Back Two Faves, GH Vets Return for Funeral and More!
A badass and a baby bro are once again Good Wife-bound. Anika Noni Rose and Dallas Roberts are slated to return to the CBS drama during its current fourth season, TVGuide.com reports. The soon-to-be Walking Dead actor will resurface as Alicia’s younger brother during Stockard Channing‘s debut outing as their mother, while Rose — who now recurs on Private Practice — will reprise her role as a ruthless prosecutor rejoining the fold for a case. Though Rose is currently only signed on for one Wife installment, EP Robert King tells the site that “it could extend to three.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Wally Kurth and Robin Christopher will return to General Hospital as Ned and Skye during forthcoming episodes focused on Edward Quartermaine’s passing, per Daytime Confidential. John Ingle, who portrayed Port Charles’ patriarch for nearly two decades, died in September at age 84.
• Zach Braff is eying a return to TV — only this time, he’ll be behind the camera. The former Scrubs star has sold a half-hour comedy, titled Garage Bar, to ABC, Deadline reports. The sitcom centers on a close-knit group of friends who begin to feel the perks and pitfalls of fame when one of their own becomes a star. Braff — who penned the 2004 big-screen fave Garden State – will write, direct and exec-produce the pilot.
• Fresh off of his Pretty Little Liars demise, Yani Gellman will appear in tonight’s Beauty and the Beast as a bartender, HollywoodLife reports.
• Grey Damon (Friday Night Lights), Kathy Najimy (Veronica’s Closet) and Sam Robards (Treme) have joined ABC Family’s Socio, a Dexter-esque drama pilot starring Avan Jogia (Victorious) and Denise Richards (Blue Mountain State).
• Rake, the legal drama pilot starring and co-exec-produced by Greg Kinnear, has landed at Fox. Based on an Australian series, the project takes place in the chaotic world of a brilliant but self-destructive lawyer (Kinnear).